Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is off the site's topic but my Dad has a 53 Ford Victoria with a 239 flathead. he's restoring it s-l-o-w-l-y, very slowly. i'm gonna get involved this spring but am at a loss for resources, websites, etc. any advice/direction you can give will be a great help.
hope you're all having a Very Merry Christmas !

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he wants to do a stock restoration, only thing he may change is converting it from an automatic to a floor shift manual...i'm thinking we'll have to change the steering column to do that ? but dont know what column from what year car will work in it ? these are the kinds of things we need someone to clue us in on.
thanks all-

·
Registered
396 Posts
53 was a nice year. My grandpa has one in one of his many sheds. If he is going with a manual transmission then it'll probably be a 3 on the tree style. The vast majority of those cars had them. Accually this weekend when I was home visiting he was up looking though his collection of 50's parts cars and found a 3 speed with a hurst floor shifter. That car has been up there probably 15 years and he just now noticed it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
www.DENNIS-CARPENTER.COM
This company has an excellant product, not offshore stuff and has all Ford parts back to the T's..I have been buying parts for my 46 as well as my 70 pickups from them and have no complaints at all.Sheetmetal is excellant quality as are all other pieces, trim, chrome and so on..Have a look at thier site I am sure you will ffind lots for the 53 or call them for a cat 1-800-476-9653 and ask for the 1952-56 Ford /Merc cat..
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts