Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a set of the 66 Shelby style quarter panel scoops to my car. Who makes the best ones? The ones that I have seen are pretty flimsy and done fit right. Who carries the best set available? Branda?- Maiers?
Any input would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
My car has the originals, so I'd say they make the best - but, I would say Branda would be your best bet for reproduction stuff...

You going to make them functional as well?

Just my $.02

-bob

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originals would be nice, but this is just a driver car that I plan on making pretty nice. I haven't planned on making them functional right now. I am building this car just as a play-mobile and may turn it over to my son when he gets to driving age.
Figured it wouldnt hurt for dad to drive it and make sure all the "bugs" are worked out in the mean time-wink wink.
I talked to Branda and they told me that there scoops are rivot on style. Doesn't seem like that would be the best way to mount them. The ones that I have seen from other suppliers are real flimsy and it seems like they could crack or break off in the wind at 65-70 mph.
I wish someone was making them with mounting studs made into them and with a little thicker bed of fiberglass to make them stronger. Its been awhile since I looked at an original set and I cant remember how they mount on the original cars.
I know the 67 side scoops have studs as we are currently restoring an original GT-350 at the shop I work at.
Thanks for the input

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Actually since you asked!

We make the best!! We do a whole line of Shelby parts (as listed in the classifieds) and our scoops are much thicker and fit much better than any other out on the market. I've actually had folks trade in their Branda & Maier fiberglass parts for ours. I have sold a few to other VMF members, so ask around and see what they thought of our fiberglass. I doubt you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Doug. I will bite. How do your scoops mount? Fit and finish is good? Any deal for a fellow VMFer? ::
I will give you a call today and talk to you about these.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts