Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

To update you. I am restoring a 70 coupe. Front disc brake conversion: DONE. Power steering components rebuilt and installed: DONE. Doors removed and hinges repaired with new pins and bushings: DONE. Interior striped: DONE. Sanding entire car: IN PROGRESS.

Here is where I need help. As I started the sanding on the body I started finding bondo spots. So, I decided to sand to bare metal from about the the bottom of the fenders to about 2 feet up. Found some rust, not alot. Grinding out...bla bla bla.

I put the doors back on the car tonight so I can get the fenders lined up properly. I have decided while the doors are on to get all the body work done, PRIME with slick sand, block it, get it just right and then take the doors off, paint the jambs, and then put the doors back on and paint the car.

Tell me if this is the right way to do it????? Thanks. Tammy

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track.....I would probably leave the existing bondo in place until all the areas are stripped, then make a mental note of where all the bondo is located at, then strip it out of each panel as I work on it....for me it makes it easier if I can remember where the "flaws" are....Then I just work a panel at a time....but that is just me... :)
Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts