Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of paying $175 with State Farm every six months for a car that is driven about 1,000 miles a year. I have heard of some insurance companies that specialized on classic car coverage. Are they better in price? Reputable? Reliable? Any in Southern California? Your postiive experiences with some names and phone numbers, if possible, is appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
With Hagerty I pay $200 a year for full coverage and no deductibles on my '66 coupe, insured at $10,000. Their customer service is excellent too. I had to make a claim once and there was absolutely
no hassle having the car repaired. I was even able to choose the shop of my choice.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree about Hagerty I had a 69 Roadrunner value 16K
and paid $240 / year and they insure on a agreed value basis
so the value you agree on is what they pay out incase of total loss. They wanted pics of my car but no hassle at all.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just bought insurance for my car thru Grundy. Agreed value, no mileage quotoes. I am paying $185.00 per year. That is the chea[est I have ever heard of here in South Carolina. I think we have the worst drivers in the world.....
Nationwide wanted $435.00 per year for liability insurance only...

G

·
0 Posts
Just checked out Hagerty.
"Select the state where vehicle(s) are garaged"

Damn I wish I would have got a garage!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
When I checked out Hegarty, I was lead to believe that the car is only insured if being driven for show purposes, such as a parade or car show. No jumping in the car for a loaf of bread.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked out Hagerty's site and was quoted $91 annually through their automatic online system. Too good to be true? I hope not. BTW, their website does state the following:
Usage & Storage - Vehicles insured in our program must be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of something valuable, such as club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and limited pleasure driving.
I'll call them tomorrow for more detail. I will drive it under 2500 miles annually and it is locked in my garaged however, what if I want to pick up the kids from school one day or make a short run to the store? Any other insurance companies out there? Experiences with Hagerty? Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Limited Pleasure Driving covers going to the grocery store. I talked to the people there, and they assured me that was OK. I read the entire policy, and there was nothing in there to indicate any restrictions on usage of vehicle, except racing. They do have racing coverage, though. I asked about mileage restrictions, and said I drive about 5k miles/year, and they said that was fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts