Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two years, hundreds of hours and a lot of patience from SWMBO. I should have a Web page up soon.

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/7E/DA/37448830-79d8-02000155-.jpg
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/AC/89/37446316-56e9-02000155-.jpg

Just too bad the sun was not shining. The "ghost" LeMans stripes are awesome. BTW... My SWMBO is very cool. See her wiping down someone elses car after a rain storm. Whatta trooper!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Layne,

The car looks awesome! You should be proud.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Congrats! Glad to see it made it out of the various shops!

John Harvey

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Looks great! What type and size wheels are those?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
WOW! Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Looks terrific, I can't wait to see it in person in Utah! ::

·
Registered
383 Posts
Layne, Your car turned out very nice. I have had mine for 1.5 years now and it looks the same as the day I brought it home. :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow, beautiful!
Great job, you should be very proud!

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Hi Layne
Are you bringing it to Park City? Can't wait for the show.
Stan

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
CONGRATS LAYNE!
I'm proud to say I am one of the privileged few VMFers who has had the honor of seeing the car in person and at many stages along the way.
It's a fabulous Mustang.
Layne has overcome numerous obstacles and setbacks that would put many of us out of it. But he persistently kept after his dream. What an inspiration!
Layne and I met via VMF and he has become a very dear friend. He's also been our right arm during the planning and organizing of our upcoming MCA National. He could care less about winning prizes, but loves getting people together for a good time.
LAYNE, brother I love ya! The car is pretty nice too. Oh, I can't forget to mention your terrific SWMBO. Colette is a sweetheart in all the best ways. What a prize for you and a bonus friend for me.
J.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That came out great! I love the color too.
And I was just beginning to think it was a ficticious car. :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
lookin good. ::

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stan ==> Will my car and I be at IMAFS not just yea but HELLLLL yea.

J ==> You know Co and I feel the same about you and Mike.

Wheel questions ==> The wheels are 17 x 8. They started as a set by Raceline but like many other things with this car, they weren't quite right. So we painted them w/ body color. man, that was NOT fun. Paint does not like to stick to polished aluminum, even after bead blasting and scrubbing. But, theyr'e done now. The tires are Yokahama ES-100 235Z45-17 on the front 265Z40-17 on the rear.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Layne,
Your car looks totally amazing. Someday I hope my car is HALF as nice.
FOr everyone who does not know, Layne is a GREAT guy! He will take care of you if you need help! At least he did me! Thanks LAYNE!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Very, very nice job!!! Please let us know what your wheel and tire combo is! Wheels look like Edelbrock 454's.....what are the tire sizes? I was wondering though, no front lower valance?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts