Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I don't know what's going on with all the long lead time with everybody's orders . The only thing I can figure is I'm buying parts nobody else is ordering .

After putting a set of new to me wheels on my 69 Fairlane on Sunday it was on me Monday morn to order parts I did'nt all ready have to get that car in a sort of driveable condition even if it's just in & out of the shop .. Ordered front springs,1 spring perch,new rear springs & shackles & a set of air shocks . By Wed afternoon everything was here but the rear springs & shackles. Nothing so far today ,but man in 3 days nearly everything was here. And some from as far away as New York State .

Finish the clean up with the porch work tomorrow & put parts on next week , maybe .

·
Registered
774 Posts
Air shocks? kip
Edit; Just sounds funny on this forum to have someone say they bought new air shocks! Of course I know nothing about 69 Fairlanes and air shocks may be a thing for them :geek: kip

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
No same floor pan design I might need just a little more lift even after the new springs . Those 19" wheels are 10" wide on the back & as of now they allmost clear but not quite .
Besides I doubt I'll ever drive the car enough to tear the shock mounts up in the pan .I don't plan on jacking the back end up to the moon with them .

For the all most nothing cost I gave for the 4 tires & wheels & how it changed the look of the car I can stand to do a replacement that had to be did reguardless of wheels .

The 9. 1/2 " wheels on the front fit with no issues at all ,no spacers no nothing .
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Well here it is 4:01 PM Friday afternoon & the new springs & rear shackles ordered Monday morning for my Fairlane came in about 10 minutes ago. Last of the 69 Fairlane parts ordered
Hood Wood Material property Rectangle Bumper

,just painted the shakles & maybe I can put the rear springs on this weekend .

·
Premium Member
69 408w coupe... not stock
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well here it is 4:01 PM Friday afternoon & the new springs & rear shackles ordered Monday morning for my Fairlane came in about 10 minutes ago. Last of the 69 Fairlane parts ordered View attachment 860980
,just painted the shakles & maybe I can put the rear springs on this weekend .
I have good luck with summit racing but they do show if the items are in stock... 2 day shipping times on average

Where are you buying your parts from. Tell us so we here can start ordering and cause you delays :D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have good luck with summit racing but they do show if the items are in stock... 2 day shipping times on average

Where are you buying your parts from. Tell us so we here can start ordering and cause you delays :D
I order lots of parts from Summit & like you said ,most of the time in about 2 days its here .

For The parts I ordered for my Fairlane I was just looking for economical. I just searched online & ordered parts I needed that were the( dare I say it ) cheapest .

Front springs from Cardid.com,rear springs from general spring, air shocks from auto parts geek .com . The spring perch was from who knows on ebay but it was a Scott Drake when it got here. I don't know about the quality of any of the parts other than the air shocks are Monroe's for what ever a name might be worth.

Sad to say but the majority of parts ( but not all ) I have purchased for The Money Pit my 67 vert were selected with the same criteria . Since most all the new oem type stuff is made by the same people why would you pay more for the same Mustang parts ?

I know from personal experience some vendors just suck with their service & if you get your stuff sometime in what is a reasonable time woo hoo.

I just got luckey with this order . Open tracker & NPD have been fantastic when I've purchased from them .

·
Premium Member
69 408w coupe... not stock
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to buy my bumpers, rear valance and front chin spoiler and grill from npd when that time comes. I'd LOVE to pick them up if they available then. Possibly a driverside headlight extension also.
Too bad they don't sponsor huh hahaha

I don't put stickers or company names on my cars anyway... that's one reason I love the calipers I got from SOT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts