Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke in the cam 8/29/19. Ran the motor again 9/7/19 to due some EFI tuning. I did pull the distributor and primed on 9/7 again even though only a week had passed in an abundance of caution.

Now it has been 6.5 weeks since I last ran the motor due to life getting in the way. Should I pull the dist again and re-prime? I suppose I could crank the motor with no spark as well. Or maybe this is all overkill....

In general now that the cam is broken in, I can see the car sitting for weeks at a time not started. Are you all re-priming after a certain downtime on seasoned motors? Maybe a better thought is to just start-it on a regular basis even if not driving.

·
Registered
801 Posts
For 6 weeks with a new motor that's actually been run, and has been either in the car under the hood, or indoors, I wouldn't even worry.
Just start it.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Tons of people with "sunday drivers" from Mustangs to Porsches let their cars sit all winter without priming in the spring, so I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm in around a year and a half to two years so I fogged the cylinders and I will reprime and make sure I run it more often

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Sounds like I am good to go. BUT, I will probably prime it again anyways this one last time..... :loco:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts