Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has found a vendor for aftermarket & relatively cheap bucket seats for a 1965. Comments appreciated

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
There are a few vendors out there but no one is cheap. You can even get a fox body style seat with the 65 66 style seat covers on them if you wanted. Some have swap seat tracks them selves on the newer style seats and installed them in there cars.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Best deal I've seen for new seats that anyone can buy is the Scat Procar Elite at Summit for $240 each (SCA-80-1100-51L or R).

Summit also carries the Rally (which looks better in a 65 IMHO) for $267 each (SCA-80-1000-51L or R).

I don't think those prices include the sliders/brackets which run about $50 a seat. I wonder how well the 65 seat tracks would adapt???

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I got my 94 mustang GT seats for $100. All I had to do was drill two new holes per seat and it was then a bolt in affair. I even have power lumbar now too!

http://home.attbi.com/~dciab/pics/seats-both.jpg

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I installed Corbeau A4s in my '67. I got them on a group buy for 16 percent off--about $550 total. I modified my existing brackets to fit. I'm 6-foot-5, and the A4s actually give me a little more headroom than the stock buckets did, with no seat riser modifications. They are snug, however; if your waist is more than 36 inches (34 is better) then don't bother.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
A friend installed Eagle Talon seats in his 66. He had to fab a bracket, but it was not a big deal. Very good side support.

I have standard 69 seats. No side support, but at least they have head rests and taller backs. They look right at home in a 65-66.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts