Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question on aftermarket window trim I seen some reviews saying that aftermarket window trim is junk anyone is forum have any experience with aftermarket window trim ?
I was thinking of purchasing it for my windshield trim , mine is okay but not perfect .

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I would look for good originals if I could afford it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The window trim is stainless. Minor scratches and dents can be fixed and the trim polished. Not that difficult to DIY, if you got a little patience.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I bought some trim that was so badly shaped it wasn't even close to being able to fit, and it woulda been bent to hell to get it even close. I'll be getting my originals polished up at some point. My guy has a guy that does stainless, just need to finish some other projects first.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Stick with your original trim and get it fixed. Aftermarket junk is junk. It bends if you look at it, and it's nowhere close to being shaped properly if there is a curve. It's my biggest regret when it comes to what I've done with my car.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The window trim is stainless. Minor scratches and dents can be fixed and the trim polished. Not that difficult to DIY, if you got a little patience.
Right, the factory trim is stainless, and the repro trim I bought at CJ's was chrome plated tin or steel. Eventually that'll rust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies about aftermarket trim I wouldn't be purchasing it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts