Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
itll take alot of washing, cleaning by hand, that stuff multiplies. im still cleaning it out from when my 69 was painted in may. everytime you wash the car and clean the old new residue washing down somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
PPG makes a great product for cleaning painted surfaces. It is a de-waxer degreaser that will not harm paint. I believe it is called DX 30 and PPG calls it road tar remover. In actuality, it is the final cleaning agent to use before laying down paint. I use it for most all of my auto cleaning needs.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I used a low pressure, pressure washer after covering the carb. and distributor. I also warmed the engine up prior but just until it got a little warm, not fully heated. It was clean and fired like always. It is not perfect, then again it wasn't before but it is very clean.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
PPG makes a great product for cleaning painted surfaces. It is a de-waxer degreaser that will not harm paint. I believe it is called DX 30 and PPG calls it road tar remover. In actuality, it is the final cleaning agent to use before laying down paint. I use it for most all of my auto cleaning needs.
DDX330.............. Good stuff!

But suggest taking the car to a self wash and using a high presure washer first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts