Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed an "old air products " unit in their car? How about a Classic Auto Air prefect fit unit? Thanks For your opinions Tod :p

·
Registered
838 Posts
I put a unit in a 65 fastback and it went very well The customer bought the kit and it had every thing needed to do it. Vintage Air makes a nice unit also.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I know a couple of folks that has the Classic Auto Air perfit fit unit in non Mustangs they are very happy with them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
there is a guy who is offering me his factory AC and powering steering for $400.00. Is this a good deal, by ther way its for a straiht six.IS there anything i should be aware of before i proceed with this deal becasue i am a novice. If he pulls it from the car $200 more

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
there is a guy who is offering me his factory AC and powering steering for $400.00. Is this a good deal, by ther way its for a straiht six.IS there anything i should be aware of before i proceed with this deal becasue i am a novice. If he pulls it from the car $200 more
The steering will only work on 6 cyl cars , and the compressor brackets only 6 cyl also but both of those would be slightly obvious :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am trying to use the stock vents, controls and A/C box with aftermarket compressor in my '69. I hear that the newer compressors are more efficient but I too want to retain the stock interior appearance.

Do not know much about AC components so I was wondering if this is a good way to go or should I just stick with stock components?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm planning something similar on my 68 but with 67 deluxe parts.

I am trying to use the stock vents, controls and A/C box with aftermarket compressor in my '69. I hear that the newer compressors are more efficient but I too want to retain the stock interior appearance.

Do not know much about AC components so I was wondering if this is a good way to go or should I just stick with stock components?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts