Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda wanting to install a Hurst V-matic shifter in my '69 coupe, because i definatley like the look. BUT, i do NOT want to do it if it requires any modification to the car itself to fit. So what i'm asking, is if anyone knows or better yet, has an aftermarket shifter of this type in their cars, did it require any modification to install? how do you like it? (regret it, or love it?) etc...i'm open to opinions here!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i have a B & M Megashifter in my 66... i did have to drill the hole in the trans tunnel a little larger to make the shifter work...i didnt feel it was a big deal though... i think the shifter looks great, and it performs SO much better than the stock one.theres No chance of me hitting neutral any more when im going through the gears hard like with the stock one. and on hard down shifts it makes things really easy, and fun. i like the ratcheting action . and everyone who rides in my car seems to love it too, they always ask to drive it and try it out...i dont think youd regret it, i know i didnt.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
My friend put a B&M Megashifter in his car, and only had to drill one extra hole. Those are nice shifters, a lot of fun to drive, love that ratcheting action. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a Hurst Vmatic in my '70 and I love it. I actually patched the existing hole since it was much larger than required and then had to drill one more hole for the cable. Not a big deal and well worth the effort.
Micah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts