Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Coupe 289
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am working on my 68 coupe (289 auto currently) Factory was power disc setup.

I have replaced the front brakes with the wilwood dynalite 4pot calipers. I have looked into different options and believe I will be going with SN-95 cobra brakes with adapters from mustangsteve. The car sat for a significant period of time and I would be most comfortable with replacing both the master cyl and booster. I am running all new brake lines as well.

I am looking for any input about my setup and what booster/master I should consider. I have no reservations with any type of modification etc.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1968 Coupe 289
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My research has been driving me in circles. I am planning to swap in a t5 or t56 so I have to keep room available for a clutch master as well. It seems the only viable brake booster would be a stock style midland or bendix 7", neither or which are easy to find besides the cheap repro ones. If I go with a more common 9" booster, I believe I am limited to a cable driven clutch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello all, I am working on my 68 coupe (289 auto currently) Factory was power disc setup.

I have replaced the front brakes with the wilwood dynalite 4pot calipers. I have looked into different options and believe I will be going with SN-95 cobra brakes with adapters from mustangsteve. The car sat for a significant period of time and I would be most comfortable with replacing both the master cyl and booster. I am running all new brake lines as well.

I am looking for any input about my setup and what booster/master I should consider. I have no reservations with any type of modification etc.
Thanks!
I am running wilwood front and rear on my 67 fast back big block. Wilwood master cylinder. Classic tube is sending me some plug and play brake lines for exactly what I have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts