Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a complete console for my 68 coupe. Didn't want to cut the radio plate and pad, so i found one already cut and spent more money. I need to cut it out to fit my cd player in, but if I cut it the way I should, I lose the top mounts and have nothing to hold the top of the cd player. If I cut 1" lower or so, I can keep the top mounts, but have to cut pad and have space at top of radio. I'm sure someone must have come up with a solution. Ideas???

thanks,

Bill

http://spitcup.knac.com/hp/gear/thumbnail/mustang front cj.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My solution would be to make your own consle or have a shop make one up for you. This way you can fit the stereo and it will still look stock or custom, however you go with it.

1968 Mustang Coupe - Daily driver
289, holley 600 carb, holley street dominator intake, petronix ignition, Accel Super Stock Coil, Tri-Y Headers, 2 1/4" 2 chamber Flowmasters, C4 and 2.79 rearend

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put my CD player at the bottom and put a EQ above it, it looks great, not to mention the extra boost it gave me..

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just made a new metal piece for the radio out of a piece of metal plate. It works great and doesn't take much time to do. Then, we cut the padded piece. It all worked perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts