Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just looking through a parts mag when I saw some body and chassis bolt kits. They're very pricey for a bunch of nuts and bolts but that is outweighed by how poor of a job I did marking them when I stripped the car. I know that I have a lot of marked bolts but there are so many that I dont have a clue about. I wonder how many others are out that have been in this boat. Is there any other way to go about this? Has anyone tried the bolt kits in the parts books? Do they explain what every bolt is for?
Thanks a lot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It must be maddening looking for the right bolt when you don't know what it looks like.
You should try to find somebody close by with a similar car and use it as a model. I do all
the time. Maybe somebody on this forum lives 2 blocks away.
jimbo

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43517165.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
The master kits are the way to go if you want to bring your car back to the way it should be.Its a great time saver with all needed pieces are marked for that part.It makes everybody a Mustang Guru.I sell them to my customers at cost to save my self time looking thru my bins or there coffee cans for the right bolts. Matt Ponderosa Mustang

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Matt,
What is your cost for one of these Master Kits? This could save me some time and aggravation in the future.
Thanks,
Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have purchased the master kits, and although it seems like a lot of money for nuts and bolts, I think it
is worth it. every nut and bolt is categorized and separated by location on the car. for instance, working
on the hood? find the bag that says hood hinges, or the bag that says latch assy.

A.M.K also has an illustrated catalog that I purchased that shows specs and info for each fastener that
I found useful for identifying hardware that I reused.

64.5 convertible (restomod in progress)
sold the COBRA for family sedan (new addition)

I dont need my wifes permission....
I'm not above begging forgiveness!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts