Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on the aftermarket heads for 67 289. I am trying to keep thing to around 1K. I am torn between edelbrock rpm heads or world products windsor jr Iron and in addition changing to the roller rockers. I have an edel rpm manifold with holley 600 carb and mild upgrade cam and hooker comp headers. Car is a street only but is not a true daily driver either.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The iron Windsor Jr. heads have been replaced by the Roush 180 and 200 series. I've read several less than flattering posts about the lack of craftmanship at World Products. The Edelbrock Performer and Performer RPM heads are proven products for street driven vehicles. Although it is expensive, the AFR 165 head has posted the best air flow volume numbers during dyno testing. Keep in mind these dyno tests are conducted by pushing the limits on each engine component: cam, headers, heads, intake manifold etc. More than likely the price difference will range from $300-400 between Edelbrock and AFR. Hey, I'm spending YOUR money! (LOL) Hope this helps.

"What we have here is--failure to communicate."

67 GTA (clone) coupe soon to be 5.0L w/Edelbrock 1406

1 - 4 of 4 Posts