Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and nothing about this came up recent, '07 last post.

i really want to run a set of ss wheels on my '66, do any of the aftermarket ones fit the granada/maverick disc hub?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

i really want to run a set of ss wheels on my '66, do any of the aftermarket ones fit the granada/maverick disc hub?
The bolt pattern is the same as the Mustang, if that is your question, or are you asking for a size of wheel fitment? if so what size are you looking at?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolt pattern is the same as the Mustang, if that is your question, or are you asking for a size of wheel fitment? if so what size are you looking at?
what i need to know is if the center hole in the wheel is large enough to go over the bearing hub on the granada/maverick rotor. from what i've read ( old posts ) people say the hub will need to be cut down so the wheel will fit over the rotor. i didn't know if that was still the case with the newer wheels.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
wheel fitment over grenada hub

the hub has to be milled down for the fit-new wheels have the same size hole and are made the same as originals so the answer is they wont fit- wes

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the hub has to be milled down for the fit-new wheels have the same size hole and are made the same as originals so the answer is they wont fit- wes
thanks, that's what i needed to know. was kinda hoping they changed them.

·
Registered
35,867 Posts

The 65-67 styled steel wheels will clear the calipers, as all ss wheels were made for disc brakes. However, they were not made to fit Granada spindles. You can get Magnum 500 wheels on them, though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My car had 14 x 6 inch Ansen type alum slots on it when I got it. It was close but the calipers fit. If you are only considering the old oem wheels, you might have the issue with the hole, but I'd have to think the aftermarket wheels are fit for the bigger hole. Thats why they use the lug nuts to center up, either with washers or conical seat lugs.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
discs w/ SS wheels

Simple solution- I did mine w/ 68 disc set-up. Small bearing, no need for tie rod change. factory parts available, just as easy as the granada swap. but fits SS wheels.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Fordguy - styled steel wheels will not fit your Granada hubs. I was in the same boat as you. I didn't want to machine my hubs, so I went with Magnum 500 wheels. They look great on a '66.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Don't have to give up

For what you will pay for the wheels, getting the hubs machined is in the noise. They don't mill them, they put them on a lathe and turn down the outside of the hub a little. Its not a big deal and shouldn't be that expensive - less than an hour labor. Just ask about the hub diameter of the wheels and call a few local machine shops.

There is a web site that talks all about Granada hubs, what fits and how to make them fit with measurements but I'm on a different computer so I don't have my favorites here. Perhaps someone else knows.

Its worth a few calls if you really want the SS wheels which I think are definitely cool...

Good luck,

M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts