Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an aftermarket tach to mount in my 68. What kinds do you guys use and would you recommend them? Do you like column mount or other? Please give me some advice so I can make a good selection the first time. I am looking in the 3-4" dia. range. Ones I like are VDO Summit #VDO-333942 or Autometer Summit#ATM-2895 or I saw a Sun tach on the website, can't remember the part # but similar to the others. What features in a tach do you look for. I have done a search on this topic, but haven't found much info. Thanks.

Brian

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm intrested too. Looking for something small that will mount over my steering colum, 6,000 rpm.

Really like the RALLY-PAC repo that NPD has in there catalog, but there not in stock yet /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Years ago I had the chrome bona-fide Autometer, not the AutoGuage, which I bought to replace the Sun Tach II that had the chrome wearing off. The Autometer was great, high quality. I'll be buying it again. Although the Sun worked ok, the chrome did wear off over time. In-dash units look nice but it's a degree of work depending on the application.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Take a look at www.actron.com look at the garage sale for bargins. They also have regular inventory and fast service. I just finished installing a tach I purchased from gs and so far I like it, works good, no bounce and doesnt look to bad in my 64.5. Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts