Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a voltmeter (in place of the ammeter) in a 1966 5-gauge instrument cluster? I don’t plan on hooking up my ammeter and I thought it might be nice to put a voltmeter in its place while the instrument cluster is out. I can't seem to find anything that looks like it would fit right.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I have seen 2 routes for this. I replaced all the gauges (except spedo) with the autometer elect. gauges. Had to grind off the chrome rings on the front of the gauge cluster and then the gauges fit right up against the front and hide the part where the rings were at. Looks good if you do them all. Next is buy the gauge cluster that is made for this (came out way after I had done mine)I think for about $60 or so. The newer gauges do look good in a restomod stang. I really like mine and get comments at shows from others who want to do the same on the 66's. Good luck... ::

·
Registered
692 Posts
I removed the ammeter and installed a 2" voltmeter from Napa. The needle comes up from the bottom instead of down from the top, but otherwise it looks pretty close to the others. Its somewhat behind my steering column mounted tach, so its barely noticeable. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures on my website of it, but I know I took some when I did the swap. I'll see if I can find them tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts