Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a PITA it was, i had to remove the stabalizer bar, and the steering gear had to be dropped and moved out of the way as well as having to remove the starter, and i did have to end up dropping the old pump into the oil pan before removal .. you think the least they could have done was make it a little easier to do this haha. so now tomorrow, i have to scrape the old gasket material off the block o GOODY, and i think il repaint the pan and the brace so itl look all new. everything looked good though, absolutly NO debris of any kind in the oil pan or the screen. so, im hoping, il come out of this on top and crissy will be back into battle this weekend, so i can hammer on her as a welcome back present :)

G

·
0 Posts
I've had to do it a couple of time and it is a PITA.
Laying on your back trying to put the starter back in place
is not fun either. ::
Max.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OOO yeah im def not looking forward to putting the starter back in AT ALL....there isnt much room at all in there for hands muchless wrenches and such

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Way to go! I dropped the starter on my forehead and saw many stars :eek: could not walk straight for the rest of the day. You must have ps to have a hard time. Mine was very easy with the manual steering. I went with the chrome pan, look kinda mean poking out from under the front valance ::

G

·
0 Posts
Way to go! I dropped the starter on my forehead and saw many stars :eek: could not walk straight for the rest of the day. You must have ps to have a hard time. Mine was very easy with the manual steering. I went with the chrome pan, look kinda mean poking out from under the front valance ::
We have the manual steering and it wasn't that the starter was hard to put up there, it was just kind of cumbersome to lay on my back and hold it in place with one hand and start the bolts with the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts