Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ohhh....i'm goin to mustang hell...
they all drive chevy's there ya know.....
no gears...no drive......the pain...ouch.
ok..i checked the fluid level...wots next?
i'm a bad person....
ohhh..

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Since you touched the intermediate band, and you now have a torquewrench, have you tried to adjust it? I don't know why all the gears would fail by fiddling the intermediate band. Also, you probably should not have driven the car while the band was not adjusted correctly. Hopefully, CAMACHINIST will chime in and assist.

Good luck...

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12409371&p=45514468.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I wouldn't worry about it. Readjust the intermediate band to what it should be. You don't need a torque wrench for this by the way. Just tighten with a wrench to where it is snug then back it off 1 and a 1/2 turns (some say 1.75 turns). That is for the driver side one right? The reverse high is snug and 3 turns backed out ( that is the one on the right towards the rear). Snug means wrench it to where you have a little resistance and then take one or two fingers and tighten to where it feels good.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Here's my history with C4 bands. I had my 2nd gear band break (after a dirt to pavement shift). After that it would go from 1st to 3rd. Took the valve body off & the band fell out! Replaced the band & got it too tight (bad torque wrench). Bent the clamp that holds the band together. So, replaced it again. This time it worked ok.
Don't understand why you lost all gears. Unless maybe your pump quit? Did you pull the pan? Check your shifter bolt. I'm reaching now...

66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. [color:red]Candyapple Red</font color=red> with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.
http://web.infoave.net/~ronniek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts