Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting all,

I am in the process of replacing my carburetor on my '69 convertible. I am looking at the old and the rebuilt 4300 side by side to note any parts/settings/etc. that may not be on the rebuilt unit compared to the old carb (like build tag, some springs etc.

I noticed that the rebuilt carb does not have an air cleaner stud installed. My question is what is the best way to remove the stud from the old carb? I'm thinking using two nuts of that size diameter of the stud (After soaking it in penerating oil)? Any other suggestions/tips are much appreciated... Thanks.

Yukon

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Double nut should work. They normally are not that tight.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Air Filter Stud Kit from NPD

The stud removal was unsuccessful, it broke. I think I remember I used thread lock on it thinking I would never take it out! Well...now I have a broken air cleaner stud.

I ordered a NPD supposedly original air cleaner mountaing kit for my 351W but it was about half an inch to short :thumbsdown: , oh the joy ...when that happens!
Makes one just want to shout!...... and it sure isn't angelic voices that were heard when that happens eminating from under the hood! :bitch:

I spoke to a customer rep about it and they said it never happened, and they send out another one. I hope this will fit!

Yukon

·
Registered
507 Posts
Could have just went to Pep Boys or such, and bought a air cleaner stud. About six or eight inches long that you cut to fit.

edit:if you have enough threads, you could nut the bottom, so it doesn't screw all the way down. I guess that won't work. duh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts