Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to align my driver side door to the fender (or vice a versa). Any tips? I remember reading a How To article long ago but have forgotten what it said.
Also, how much does a '65 fastback weigh? I've got to register my vehicle, have not been able to find the info, and definitely do not want to have to go thru the DMV process more than once.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
33,572 Posts
I have always tried to get the door aligned with the quarter panel, then work the fender to get the proper alignment in front. As for weight, IIRC, 2950 lbs.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have had good success with using 1-2 pieces of paint stirring sticks placed at several locations around the door bottom and near the quarter while making slight adjustments to the adjustment bolts. Remember that the striker plate can also be used to make minor "rear door" adjustments when the front bolts are loose. Get a buddy to help with keeping the door steady while the bolts are being tightend. Good luck!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear of the door lines up good. I need to bring the front up about an eighth of inch. Good equal gap/spacing at bottom of door. I'm thinking it's probably a repro fender and I might just be out of luck. Any way to bring the fender down or is the adjustment made only at the door?
Thanks,
Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts