Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
66 Coupe, wheel base dimension? My driverside is right around 108.5 but the passengerside is around 106.5. (inches) how would I correct this. there is a noticeable difference in the wheel fender spacing on that side. I am planning to rebuild the front supension down the road here. Just trying to get everything lined up for when i do. I really appreciate and advise.
Doug

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Just measured mine. I get 108, didn't plumb down from the centerline of the wheels, could be 108.5. Definitely not 106. Check upper and lower control arms and see if they are bent? That's an awful big difference. What does it look like structurally?

Frank

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had the same thing on my `66. The alignment guy just shimmed the strut rod back to fix the problem. I'm still not totally happy with the alignment as the other side has one upper A-arm bolt with four shims while the other has none. He told me to correct the problem I'd have to get adjustable strut rods.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
My driver's side was 0.5" longer than the passenger side. Art finally saw that my upper control arm was not properly assembled, and was offset forward by 0.5". The arm itself has to be centered on the main shaft.

Two inches? Wow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts