Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 1965 cars that need alignments,1 car is has a stock front end suspension in it,the 2nd.one has the shelby drop,front coils are cut to lower it and I installed the Dr.Gas lower control ecentric kit in it,would they have the same specs or is there a site I can print out to give the alignment shop,thanks,Pete

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Same specs for both, unless you want one to be more agressive then the other.

STREET SPECS *
Caster: +1.5° to +2.5°
Camber: 0 to -.5°
Toe: 1/8" in

STREET/PERFORMANCE *
Caster: +2.0° to +3.0°
Camber: -.5° to -1.5°

I've done my own alignments with a gauge(Fastrax) I got from Summitt Racing. Paid for itself aleady. Did my 65 w/ shelby drop, daughter's 66 with shelby drop and cut coils, son's 68 with shelby drop and cut coils, and a friends 70.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Same specs for both, unless you want one to be more agressive then the other.

STREET SPECS *
Caster: +1.5° to +2.5°
Camber: 0 to -.5°

STREET/PERFORMANCE *
Caster: +2.0° to +3.0°
Camber: -.5° to -1.5°

I've done my own alignments with a gauge(Fastrax) I got from Summitt Racing. Paid for itself aleady. Did my 65 w/ shelby drop, daughter's 66 with shelby drop and cut coils, son's 68 with shelby drop and cut coils, and a friends 70.
Yes. All of that. Yes.

The caster makes the steering much more stable at high speeds. The camber will make it corner better, but the trade off here is a little bit faster tire wear. 1 degree probably won't make too much of a difference in tire wear, though.

I had my car aligned to:

Caster: +3.0 degrees
Camber: 0
Toe-in: 1/8"

LOVE it.

-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts