Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started disconnecting things today so I could pull the I6 out of my fastback so I can begin the daunting task of fixing my front end. Got the radiator out, fuel and electrical disconnected, unbolted the exhaust, great. I went to unhook the throttle linkage, and here it's bolted to the firewall twice. Once right next to where the pedal comes through the firewall, and once behind the heater core. It's all one piece and it comes out on the driver's side of the motor, goes along the firewall and then out towards the carb on the passenger side... . Grrr. I know I'll have to take the heater out eventually anyway, but geeze... Oh well, tomorrow's another day, can't wait for that balmy 48 degree garage (with two kerosene heaters going full blast).

http://www.obsidianspider.com/vmf/graemlins/rant.gif

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good luck. I gutted my car for a complete resto job. The brake pedal was worst. just a tip, but go to walmart and buy you some star shaped light bulb holders with the switch on the cable. put about four of them in your garage and instead of using light bulbs, use heat bulbs. 250 amp. They will help light and HEAT the garage. It's 20 degrees here and with six of those and one small plug in heater and a small kerosene heater, I got my garage up to 61 degrees yesturday.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
The I6 accelerator linkage is terrible. When I was mocking up my cable throttle linkage after the 2bbl carb conversion on my I6, I kept switching between the I6 linkage and a V8 linkage. You would think that it becomes easier to remove the I6 linkage each time, but it doesn't. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts