Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaly have managed to learn how to load pic's to my web site but I for the life of me haven't been able to find out how to make a pic' into thumb nail size and then have it look right when it's blown up to full size.
Yes, I have tryed image down sizing thing but then the pic's are then very distorted.
What am I doing wrong ? or does it take special software ? ::

·
Registered
185 Posts
I use Photo Editor to resize the pic (click on "Image" and then "Resize") down to what ever pixels I need. Make sure the "Allow Distortion" s not checked. Not sure about other web programs but FrontPage has an "Auto Thumbnail" feature. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Go to www.cerious.com and download the free version of ThumbsPlus. right now, the site has only Windows versions, but Mac os9 versions are out there. Once you get it installed and opened it, you should see your folders on the left. Click on the one with your photos and then choose "scan tree" in one of the pulldown menus. That will scan your photos into ThumbsPlus for the next step. For that, choose "web page wizard," answer the questions, and the program will then make thumbnail jpgs and gifs and put them on a Web page all linked to the large photos. The thumbnails are all under 2k, much smaller than you could make them just by downsizing them in a photo editor.

Then, just upload everything to your Web server.

One more thing: Computer monitors have a screen resolution of 72 dpi, so there's no need to make your photos a higher resolution. I think Microsoft photo editor makes them 96 dpi, but that's just wasted pixels (and bytes) since the computer will show it at 72 dpi.

Check out My Web site to see examples.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I use Thumbs Plus also. You can't beat that program for resizing and touching up pictures. I use the old shareware version. If you want a copy of it, let me know and I can either email it to you or put it on my website so you can download it. Send me a PM if interested, as I'm off to bed and heading to Hot August Nights very early in the morning. I can get the copy either on the server or emailed tomorrow night when I get back.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I use Microsoft Frontpage 2000, it came with Office 2000. It is a great user friendly program for web page design

1 - 5 of 5 Posts