Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I didn't
They seem like a good buy for 315/35/17
But look at the tread pattern. Very nice, and unique, and defined and there is no right and left designation.

So when you put them on your car, they look like:
THIS kind of unbalanced not symmetrical.

They should have a right and left version to look balanced, no wonder they are cheap ;)

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,705 Posts
Yeah, I see what you mean. I read further on and the design is supposed to be all fine and good. But looking at such on my car would bug me pretty bad.
Speaking of cheap, I keep hearing good things about the Kumho Ecsta series. No one claims they are the best, but they seem to be at the best price/performance point. And cheap! A moderate set of all-terrain 15" tires for my Bronco cost more than a set of 17" hi-po Kumhos.
I had the chance to drive a C5 Corvette with a set of fairly fresh Ecsta MX's on it and was pretty impressed. Of course I didn't really beat on it or get to drive in a variety of conditions but I couldn't find any fault with them. When I get to where I need to shop for a set of wide 17's, Ecstas will likely be at the top of my list.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I have 18" Kumho Ecsta Supras on my 5.0 and love em. Great tires for the price.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The Ecstas ARE really good, especially for the price, BUT they are a bit soft and didn't last as long as my Michelins

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've got Ecsta ASX on my BMW, and drive the snot out of it. Nice grip, quiet, stable at high speeds. Have to replace every 12k though.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There are a few different variety of the Ecsta line, but the ASX seems to have the best reputation for performance. I have them on the daily driver and love them. Kuhmo also sells an Ecsta AST which is a little cheaper. It is also well reviewed but doesn't have the same level of grip or tread wear in testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts