Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got lucky on Ebay the other day and found 4 original 1966 hubcaps that were supposedly only on the car until 1968 at which time they were replaced with wheels. $100.00 shipped for all 4. What do you think ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,540 Posts
I believe Hankook has discontinued the whitewalls. I have some 215-70R14 Optima 724 with whitewalls but their website doesn't show them any longer.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Since I'm going original via my build sheet on my 66 GT, I would have paid you that per hubcap had they have been with the spinner in the center in that good of shape.

Good deal...

Btw, what tires are those?

Allen
Hankook Optima tires. 195-75-14's.
Allen,

Those are the same tires that my friend Linda has on her '67 that I worked on the winter before last.

Perfect look for "stock" IMO

John

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ironically, I have the same tires as you, and I have 4 NOS hub caps sitting in storage. However, mine have never been on a car at all. I tried to sell them, but never found a buyer. I think I finally lowered the price to "whatever you'll give me".

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ironically, I have the same tires as you, and I have 4 NOS hub caps sitting in storage. However, mine have never been on a car at all. I tried to sell them, but never found a buyer. I think I finally lowered the price to "whatever you'll give me".
You must have been asking too much for those hubcaps if you couldnt sell them. Lots of people like the stock 66 hubcaps.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
I still see the Hankook H724 White Wall Optimo's listed at all "Discount Tire Chain" Dealers.

:eek:)

Tony K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts