Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the ac condensor (which was new), and put a 14" electric pusher fan in front of the radiator.

There is also a 17" puller flex fan on the engine side of the radiator- what do you think? will the 2 fans be better than one?

Keep in mind this will only be temporary- I am just trying this to see if it is an airflow issue. Once I fid out if this works I will have to have someone build me an enclosed fan shroud.

Wish me luck...I'm sure you are sick of hearing about this by now... ::

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have never heard of using two fans (pusher, and puller) to cool a radiator. Most likely, you have other issues to deal with to cool your engine other than fan problems.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Your problem is not airflow. You are wasting your time. You have a water flow problem more than likely. Did you try it without the T-stat? At idle it should take quite a while to heat up and the flow thru the radiator should be evident.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I posted a similiar question last year about using 2 fans and was advised the pusher will interrupt the airflow of the puller as they (likely) operate at different speeds. The result would be terrible airflow/cooling.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Amazing what some people will do to avoid the simple solutions. Maybe some people think that if it doesn't cause them extreme frustration, its not worth it.... ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts