Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my sister-in-law home this evening a couple of young guys in a fairly new Ford Expidition (that was hopped up a bit) pulled beside us and over to buy the convert. I declined (the price they offered was actually fairly good given my cars condition ($15,000), but it has lots of sentimental value to me). The driver of the Expidition then floored his truck (and it really jumped forward), I couldn't resist I downshifted, gave it a bit of gas and dropped the clutch. We went by him like he was standing still, gradded third, and then had to slam on the brakes to get stopped at the next light. He pulled up again, leaned out the window and in an amazed voice said: "Are you sure you have a 289 in that?) I explained it had a bit more displacement - 298 - and that it had a lot better components. he didn't offer to race away from the light. :)

John Harvey

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He could tell I did not want to sell, so he didn't make a second offer. Or maybe he just knew it was out of his price range. :) Anyway it was really fun to open it a bit. Haven't done that for awhile.

John Harvey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts