Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I ordered a kit from JC Whitney to convert a stock ford alternator to 105 amps. I wait a week and yesterday i got a letter in the mail telling me its backordered and supposedly wont ship until 5/17!!! Maybe I'm just impatient, but I really do not want to wait that long. Also, I hope to have the fastback done by late may so waiting till the 17th for the alternator just isn't going to happen. Does anyone know of anyone who sells any type of kit like this besides jc whitney bc I am gonna call and cancel the order and I need to find something like this elsewhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot guys.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
I believe NAPA has a 90 amp unit that is the same size as the
original Ford. If 90 amp would work?

http://home.earthlink.net/~myradpc/_uimages/turn2.JPG
Turn 11 @ Laguna Seca----Turn 10 @ Sears Point
http://home.earthlink.net/~myradpc/_uimages/turn9.JPG

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Hey Chris -
I found this guy with the help of some of the guys here at VMF. I've not ordered mine yet, but this guy rebuilds 'em (no core needed) and upgrades them to 105 amps. The good news is that will deliver one to you for $65. He regularly auctions them on Ebay and has excellent feedback. I suspect that he's OK and the products are good.

This is his info:
our part number is 7058-105A, price with shipping is $64.99, we are a wholesaler so we dont take credit cards but you can send us a check to
GLEN BEAVERS
3201 AUBURN ST.
ROCKFORD, IL. 61101

You can also email him at : [email protected]

I'm placing my order today. So if you wait a week or so, I'll let you know how it works out.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Glenn!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I already emailed him for more info. Let me know how things go when you get yours in. Thanks again.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, if you can email me at [email protected] when you get it in and are able to vouch for its quality I would appreciate it. Thanks alot.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289

1 - 6 of 6 Posts