Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here

I am thinking I will do this. I have 2 inquiries:

1) Has anyone done business with this guy? He has great feedback, but I am more concerned with the product qualty.
2) What is the widest radiator that will fit in a 1970 with the batter and washer resevoirs in stock locations? The big block rad was 28" wide I think, so 26" should be cake.
3) How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Check your link it doesn't seem to be working, and in my part of the world a woodchuck can chuck about 1 cord. As far as how wide you can go I agree that 26" should be fine.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
If you're talking about someone named univparts on egay that deals in a lot of aluminum radiators, I believe I have the same thing!!

I haven't used it yet, as I plan to install it with the cleveland I'm building, but let me tell you...IT'S A PIECE OF ART!!!! I have the 19X22 he listed as ford/mopar...got it for 180 BUCKS!!!!

VERY nice welds on the tanks.....nicely machined aluminum neck for the cap....and driver's side lower connection....and most important; DOUBLE 1" ROWS!!!

Can't wait to use it...breathed on clevelands run kinda toasty, but I'm confident it'll keep it COOL!!!

BTW, if you do a web search for RACE PRO aluminum radiators, you can find vendors selling the same radiator for the same price as the buy it now.....200 bucks (when you figure in shipping) is a STEAL!!

Now watch me eat my words as the thing splits in half the first time I fire her up, LOL!!!

But it's soooo pretty, I want to display it in my den LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
actually Jim, the big block radiator was 24 inches wide whereas the standard cooling radiator was 20 inches wide. I would double check your measurements with a battery and windshield washer in their stock locations.....

randy

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I talked to Chris Slay (machinist and engine builder)
and he said the radiators are of good quality only thing is you gotta run an external tranny oil cooler if using one of these.

They look pretty nice to me.....and they are all aluminum construction.....no epoxy etc....

Go for it!!!

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops... my bad. 24" it is. I was looking at a 26" but maybe I need to step DOWN (yeah right) to the 22"

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right.. that is the guy. I forgot no links... my bad.

So pretty you wanna put a net over it to protect it eh? Are you using an electric fan? If not, how are you attaching the shroud? I dont WANT to go electric, but at this point I dont see much choice since I do not have the skills needed to fab a shroud and I cannot see how to hook up the stock one.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have to run an external tranny cooler even if the radiator comes ith a cooler? There are ones he is selling that have internal coolers... they cost a bit more, but hey, if it is cheaper than getting a separate one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts