Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've never had any negative transactions using PayPal. It's simple and took as long to register as it did when I opened my Amazon account. I prefer to use PayPal because I also use it when ordering on Summit or CJPonyParts or many other websites, all that generally tend to have lower pricing, no tax, and equal or better shipping. It's almost always win, win, win. There are a some very few exceptions where I have ordered on Amazon, but it is super rare.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well dang, lucky you, I had my whole account freeze trying to sell something on ebay. it took a couple of weeks jumping through too many of their hoops to gain access to my account. Only to jump through more hoops to gain access to the profits made selling some item.

And to that CJPP and Summit, ooh yes, definitely that's a good counter example where paypal is useful.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well dang, lucky you, I had my whole account freeze trying to sell something on ebay. it took a couple of weeks jumping through too many of their hoops to gain access to my account. Only to jump through more hoops to gain access to the profits made selling some item.

And to that CJPP and Summit, ooh yes, definitely that's a good counter example where paypal is useful.
I'm not saying Amazon.com is bad, but I don't see any real advantage it holds over say Target.com, Walmart.com or Costco.com other than maybe if you make a quick and small $5-$10 order that Amazon is happy to take a bath on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ebay/PayPal does have "one click buy". No need to log into multiple sites or anything. On top of that, you can use PayPal on other websites as well. Doesn't get any easier at this point.

I didn’t know that, honestly, I haven used eBay for anything in years, I haven’t had an account in well over a decade. The only thing I can think of using them for in the last 15 years is ordering a large piece of Amber a few years back, couldn’t find that anywhere... I got my brother who LOVES eBay to order it for me.

And for what it’s I can use my debit card anywhere PayPal can be used (to my knowledge, except maybe eBay?) and even more places. PayPal, as I tried it years ago was at best a solution looking for a problem, and that’s not accurate because PayPal was a problem. They burned me enough times to where I swore them off permanently, things are likely better now but theirs literally nothing they could do to regain my trust at this point.

Me and my brother have had this conversation a dozen times before. Lol
Im just glad we live in a place where these two companies can both flourish and keep both of us happy.:grin2:

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I stand corrected. Thank you. I was under the impression that they helped support the USPS with Sunday delivery.

LJ
Contrary to what is said in the executive branch USPS does do well from Amazon. It's regular mail and having to fund the pension so many years in advance that's killing them. We usually have pretty good service with USPS but when they screw up they can really screw it up. Almost everything we get from Amazon (we usually don't use third party sellers) is delivered by On Trac. We get On Trac on Sunday but except for the holidays I can't remember seeing a USPS delivery on Sun.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
LOL. Some of those knuckleheads that sell used books do like to price them high. I can't say I've seen any quite that high though.
Hey, I'll give Amazon a 50% discount off their retail if they want to buy mine.>:)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hey, I'll give Amazon a 50% discount off their retail if they want to buy mine.>:)
LOL. Those aren't from Amazon directly. There is an entire subculture of used book sellers on Amazon. Most are pretty good. I use it for out of print race books, manuals etc. Some of them are really out to lunch. Like that guy.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts