Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm down to the engine bay wiring for my 67 Shelby clone project and am using the AAW kit and we are also installing a Holley Sniper with their coil and ignition box and have an Aeromotive fuel tank with their wiring harness. I ran my headlight harness under the driver fender to conceal the wiring but between the Holley Sniper items and the megafuse assemblies with the AAW kit I'm not sure how best to locate these to maintain as clean an install as possible. Would love to see pics / suggestions of how others have installed these items - much appreciated!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't have a Holley but have an MSD. Here are some pics of the AAW and electronic ignition. Moved the battery to the trunk to make more room for electronics.
104.jpg 117.jpg 131.JPG 135.JPG 169.JPG

Reactions: blueovalfan68

·
Super Moderator
9,745 Posts
Try a quick search, I’ve seen a few threads in the past with very nicely run, hidden wiring.

The effort is well worth it.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I'm running all my front wiring outside the engine bay. I have two, inch and a quarter holes just above where the windshield washer pump is, and a hot electrical stud to the left of the clutch pedal. Everything that requires constant 12V will connect there. The two drilled holes are for the wiring to power the lights and engine controls. The front circuits will run under the top of the fender, the engine controls will come out at the front apron through a hole and the lighting and horn will continue under the Left headlamp and on to the front. Even though AAW has a wire for an electric fuel pump, there is no fuel pump relay, at least on my kit there isn't any, and you may have to make your own. I'm using a rear mounted battery, so the fuel pump relay will be mounted in the rear next to the battery, and it's only a short distance from the fuel pump to the battery, so that circuit will be short. THe AAW wire labeled "fuel pump" will connect to # 86 on a Bosch relay and act as the trigger.
The AAW kit should have sufficient circuits and fuses for your EFI and ignition boxes. If you need additional fuses or relays, I recommend you mount any electrical components for the engine under the dash if at all possible, to keep them out of the weather manage and the temperature better.

Reactions: Israel

·
Super Moderator
9,745 Posts
I'm running all my front wiring outside the engine bay. I have two, inch and a quarter holes just above where the windshield washer pump is, and a hot electrical stud to the left of the clutch pedal. Everything that requires constant 12V will connect there. The two drilled holes are for the wiring to power the lights and engine controls. The front circuits will run under the top of the fender, the engine controls will come out at the front apron through a hole and the lighting and horn will continue under the Left headlamp and on to the front. Even though AAW has a wire for an electric fuel pump, there is no fuel pump relay, at least on my kit there isn't any, and you may have to make your own. I'm using a rear mounted battery, so the fuel pump relay will be mounted in the rear next to the battery, and it's only a short distance from the fuel pump to the battery, so that circuit will be short. THe AAW wire labeled "fuel pump" will connect to # 86 on a Bosch relay and act as the trigger.
The AAW kit should have sufficient circuits and fuses for your EFI and ignition boxes. If you need additional fuses or relays, I recommend you mount any electrical components for the engine under the dash if at all possible, to keep them out of the weather manage and the temperature better.
Pictures?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts