Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming in September. I read about it in MM but hadn't seen anything about it posted here. I'm looking forward to it. I really liked the '56 they did.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It will be nice to see a Mustang that wont be turned into another Eleanor.... finally something different... ::

:p

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Coddington does with the Mustang. So far we've seen Rad Rides and Foose mods. Now it's Coddington's turn. Wonder where Blue Bear will fit in the picture....hahaha! Remember when he told the French fabricators on the alumitub how "lucky" they were that the steering gearbox, and distributer would fit?!?! I'll always remember their blistering look when BlueBear said that.... :: (Cocky kid telling the master fabricators how its done, oh well...more excitement for the episode...)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boyd's 65 Mustang - I'm unimpressed. ::
I think it looks pretty nice and at least they didn't pimp it out.

Congrats on your M&F feature story by the way.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm unimpressed.
I agree. The interior looks like stuff you can buy at Pep Boys...cheesy pedals, etc. The Foose fastback on Overhaulin' was MUCH better. Most of the cars I've seen in the VMF sig pics look better than the Boyd car, IMO.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is "Blue Bear" Boyd's kid from some fling he had at a chevy show or something? Boyd always had a good reputation for car mods, but since the show has been on I can't believe some of the guys working for him. I would think people would rather take their business to someone who uses top notch help especially for the amount of money he demands for his cars. I still watch the show just waiting to see if anyone has the kahuna's to fire that idiot.

Ductman

K

·
0 Posts
Hate the steering wheel and the wheels.
Upgrades are good but hard to tell all that was done.
Hate the air intake/cleaner contraption.

No doubt Coddington hasn't had a great Hotrod since Foose stopped designing them. And Boyd is only instilling chaos (Blue Bear) to make the show more like American Chopper. The big difference being that the Tuttles are family and can bitch at each other. Coddington has a business and employees, totally different scenario.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I like the car, and I think that $150,000 is a fair price. It costs money to pay someone to hotrod an old heap like that. There is no way I would spend that kind of money for this car -- not when a Ford GT, or a Viper AND a Porsche 911, can be had for the same dough.

I also don't get the point of the M II suspension for a Windsor engine. And the brakes should be bigger, MUCH bigger. That's a design flaw all the way around.

After watching the American Hotrod show through the Aluma-Tub, the Junkyard Dog, and others, I too am scratching my head at where Coddington gets all the cred. The Boydster was nice, but it was a Foose car, not a Boyd. That Aluma-Tub is hideous. It looks like something a 13 year old kid would have drawn during 5th period Algebra -- 50 YEARS AGO! No flow; the cowl just bumps into the passenger compartment with no transition at all; there's no boot, just an inartful dead-end. I look at that thing and I can only think of the Emperor's new clothes.

But then I don't get the whole megabuck street rod thing anyway. If you're going to build a clean sheet car, why does it need styling cues from 70 years ago?

·
Registered
399 Posts
... And the brakes should be bigger, MUCH bigger. That's a design flaw all the way around.
Those are the rears brakes in the pics. Are you suggesting the rears need bigger brakes?

The car looks okay, but nothing special. Not enough to make me want to shell out $50k, much less $150k.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Unfortunately, Boyd Coddington had his day in the sun and it expired when he went bankrupt. In my opinion, he no longer leads the way in cutting edge ideas and something different to do to a car. He can still orchestrate the buildup of a decent looking car, but then again, so can a LOT of the VMF contributors as evidenced by their rides....

randy ::

·
Registered
454 Posts
Unfortunately, Boyd Coddington had his day in the sun and it expired when he went bankrupt. In my opinion, he no longer leads the way in cutting edge ideas and something different to do to a car. He can still orchestrate the buildup of a decent looking car, but then again, so can a LOT of the VMF contributors as evidenced by their rides....

randy ::
Amen to that Randy!!
I used to be a big Boyd fan, but after his shenanigans with the bankruptcy and loosing his best designer (Foose) I thought his designs became "run of the mill". Now after watching the crappy craftsmanship on the show, I wouldn't let them within 10 feet of any of my cars----I can do a better job. Heck let's be honest, they don't fabricate squat anyway, they are simply builders putting together someone else's parts, and for the kind of money they want for their "creations", I would expect something NOT out of a catalog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts