Vintage Mustang Forums banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ugh, that stinks. Keep at it, it will be worth it once it’s sorted out. One time, I had a rim show up bent, had to go through the whole process on the return.

With my latest wheels, the stock lugs were too big, so had to get a new set via Amazon prime!

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Ugh, that stinks. Keep at it, it will be worth it once it’s sorted out. One time, I had a rim show up bent, had to go through the whole process on the return.

With my latest wheels, the stock lugs were too big, so had to get a new set via Amazon prime!
I've ordered all four wheels from Summit. Cost me an extra $75 in shipping alone in my quest to save money by buying from different suppliers. I call that a stupid tax.

Summit has been great on the customer service end although these days sending out the wrong parts should be nearly impossible as product should be scanned several times before going out the door.

Let's see how JEGS is about returning the bad wheel and the good one.

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Got the wheels from Summit today. They look perfect. I’m not sure what the deal is with the Jegs wheels but they are different. Different packaging and different quality. And not better. Jegs stuff is going back.

Test fit the front. Clearance at the upper arm and tie rod. Will need to wait to get tires on to check final fit but I’m confident.

I can certainly see why @aakrusen tried the spacers on the front. These wheels with 0 offset fit inside the wheel well. Now I’m going to try to lower the car quite a bit and maybe that will be a good thing. Or maybe I’ll need some spacers too.

I thinking about the extended studs so spacers won’t be an issue.

Anyways tires on tomorrow and then we’ll see where things actually fit.

Also getting different lug nuts tomorrow too.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake

Shipping box Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tread Road surface

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Crankset

Rectangle Font Linens Toy Carmine

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Fender

Photograph Light Black Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Cloud

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber

I’m not convinced the stance is perfect but it’s close.

The tires are 225/50-16 Continental Extreme Contact Sports. The tire guy says they are decent autocross tires and not bad on the street as long as you avoid the snow. I’m good there.

So far no rubbing at all. Didn’t roll the fenders. I’m tempted to drop the fronts another 1/2 or so. But also tempted to raise the upper arm to the stock positions. But that’s a separate thread.

·
Registered
742 Posts
They look great, it would seem to be a move in the wrong direction to move the upper arm back to stock and then autocross. kip

·
Registered
365 Posts
It looks great! Those are a slam dunk. I have the exact same tires on mine and I think they look awesome.
Only difference is I have the 205’s on my front cause the 16x8 4.89 bs had me rubbing the upper ball joint with the 225’s.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Oops!, may have forgotten that:whistle: kip

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,702 Posts
No caps or flat caps, not a fan of those.

Reactions: 68Ghost
81 - 100 of 110 Posts