Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i was just pondering different wheels that would look good for a 67 mustang. i used to love the styled steel, but they only look good for 65-66 mustangs. i was searching images of blue mustangs with white stripes and found the perfect wheels! they are american racing five spoke wheels. the link is: american racing first what is everyones opinion of these, and second i cant find blue ones anywhere! do you think he spray painted them blue? usually a good looking tire size is 16" right? because 17" that i found of that brand were really expensive, 15 and 16's less.
thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
link wont work for me :(

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I couldn't get the link to work either.

However, since you're talking about 5 spoke American Racing wheels, I can only assume they are Torque Thrust II or Thrust-D rims. Both are extremely popular...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm biased towards the TT2's, but as James67 said, you could paint the D's fairly easily and they look great too. If you do a search on tire sizes, you'll find a lot of information about 15, 16 and larger. I run 15x7's with standard 3.75 backspacing and I had to roll my fenders a bit to stop rubbing. I also went with the 15's because I like the look of the raised white lettering on the tires and at the time, I couldn't find any tires that came in 16 with the white lettering.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Shop around. I found my 17 x 8 for $235 each. I also found some ZR rated tires from Tire Kingdom. Fulda 235/45/17's I have had them on the road course already. They are well worth $115 each.
Also look at the Boyd or Budnik wheels.
Dare yourself to be different.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love my AR wheels... I went with chrome TTD's because I didn't want to polish the TT II's. I'm very happy with them.

I got pretty lucky to find them for about $210 each shipped.

They make really good quality wheels.

You might want to play with photoshop, and try different tire and wheel combinations on your car. That's what finally helped make up my mind.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You might want to play with photoshop, and try different tire and wheel combinations on your car. That's what finally helped make up my mind.

Good luck.
Maybe he should focus on actually getting a car first.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe he should focus on actually getting a car first.
lol exactly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts