Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my headers on!
*Insert triumphant music here*
I had to cut all of my transmission cooling lines and re-route them, but I finally did it!

In the process, the right header got quite a bit of grease on it. (Nasty, brown grease from my idler arm, I think) When I started the car, (With no mufflers of course) I ended up almost choking on a cloud of smoke when the grease started burning off of my pipes. I didn't want to start a fire, so I shut the car down. Tomorrow, I'm going to wipe off any excess grease that I can, and then I'm going to run it on and off until it all burns off.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/KaelYoshida/Mustang/greasyHeaders.jpg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice! What type did you get? When I put on my heddmans it was a PITA, but well worth it. Quieted my exhaust a bit, but gave it a better sound. I just wish I got it coated because now they are getting rusty and the high temp paint is wearing off (so much for that stuff)!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with MAC headers, but I wouldn't recommend them to ANYONE. I had to ream out the holes in my header flanges, because they were spaced too far apart to match up with my heads.

Also, like I said, they were a very tight fit, and I had to relocate some of my lines.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with some doug's tri-ys. I've heard lots of praise for them.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
YEah those and JBA shorties are a PITA also. They make my hooker super comps more attractive every day.
Still (MOP)the best fitting by far are the patriot tri-y's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice!!! I've been running open headers for the past two months, going to and from school.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I pray everytime i go out, im not worrying about the noise, if you see my sig you'll see what the condition it is in when i drive it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
you drive it with no fenders, bumper, grille, anything? ballsy, but not very smart.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Do you even have lights/signals...?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have them on the rear. I dont drive at noght so headlights arent really an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts