Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes people outside the circle just can't grasp what you are saying.

A few nights ago I posted a comment on a Facebook Mustang page. I made the comment that this one was from my early days, with some Gas Ronda influence. WELL! Shortly afterwards my wife snidely commented that she had seen the post, that I had misspelled Rhonda and just what I was saying?
To fill in the back story, I had dated my first wife in the car and her name was....you guessed it...RHONDA.
Had to do a quick Google search to show her who Gas Ronda was and what his car looked like. Faced with definitive evidence, she responded that was an odd name and then said no more. But sometimes silence speaks volumes and I just kept my mouth shut for awhile...ha ha

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I got in trouble with a good friends wife when I passed along an ad for a nice convertible Mustang with the comment "Your hipo would go great in this...". Well, she is a bit self conscious and mistook hipo for hippo. Fortunately he was able explain what the hipo was. :oops:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got in trouble with a good friends wife when I passed along an ad for a nice convertible Mustang with the comment "Your hipo would go great in this...". Well, she is a bit self conscious and mistook hipo for hippo. Fortunately he was able explain what the hipo was. :oops:
LOL....that is a good one! Deep hole to dig yourself out of.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I read it as "hippo" too :LOL:

Sometimes, even when you've won. You've lost.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I still love this one...
Working under his Mustang, his wife stood above and nagged about the time and money he spent doing so.
"You're starting to sound like my first wife."
"I thought I WAS your first wife!!"
"You are."
Work continued.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I got in trouble with my wifes cousins family. They had posted pics on FB of their florida vacation, and there was one of her cousin playing volleyball and looking very intense. I commented with "its just a game Focker" a quote from the movie Meet The Parents, where the characters name is Gregory Focker. His mother responded and said she didn't appreciate language like that. It was explained to her but she still looks at me sideways when I see her.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I got in trouble with my wifes cousins family. They had posted pics on FB of their florida vacation, and there was one of her cousin playing volleyball and looking very intense. I commented with "its just a game Focker" a quote from the movie Meet The Parents, where the characters name is Gregory Focker. His mother responded and said she didn't appreciate language like that. It was explained to her but she still looks at me sideways when I see her.
There's only one way to play volleyball, and that's full out all the time. So a very intense look is quite appropriate and expected.

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
Intense volleyball. Ooooooookay.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Ahhh, first wives. Good times....not. On a completely unrelated note, if I had a picture of me back in 74 beside my poppy red 65 coupe with Rocket Mags, we could almost be twins. Was beginning to wonder why I never see poppy red cars on here. And just to add further confusion to this post, my first wife's name was Nancy......

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The ladies' volleyball teams shorts are pretty intense.
Just sayin.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My experience is just the opposite. 42 years ago when we were married, her father was in an accident and hospitalized. We thought the ceremony would have to be in the hospital chapel. He was released so we had it in her parents parlor. But the minister had just had back surgery. We were a pretty sorry lot. So the minister says "do you Ralph" (my name is Richard). No one corrected him.

To the day, if she and I get to fighting I say:

TELL IT TO RALPH! You've got no hold on me! I AM OUT OF HERE!

then I buy her a present...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
My experience is just the opposite. 42 years ago when we were married, her father was in an accident and hospitalized. We thought the ceremony would have to be in the hospital chapel. He was released so we had it in her parents parlor. But the minister had just had back surgery. We were a pretty sorry lot. So the minister says "do you Ralph" (my name is Richard). No one corrected him.

To the day, if she and I get to fighting I say:

TELL IT TO RALPH! You've got no hold on me! I AM OUT OF HERE!

then I buy her a present...
That's hilarious.

I stood up in a college buddy's wedding. The bride was Greek and it was a full on Greek wedding, all spoken in Greek. At one point I turned to him and said "you have no idea what you just agreed to...and that's not an enforceable contract..." Not sure if he remembered that for the divorce. :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
Back in the olden days I played a lot of competitive volleyball. Used to travel the East Coast playing tournaments before the AVP went under. Mostly it was all fun, but occasionally it would get ugly. Now I just have two bad knees and a wrecked shoulder. Still play every so often. No longer doubles though, way too old for that nonsense.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts