Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daily driver 66 coupe moved to a new home tonight. It will be missed. :(

A gentleman from Oakland recently had his poor 66 Coupe stollen and stripped. He said he couldn't even get up the nerve to go look at what was left at the junk yard. I hope it serves him as well as it has me for the past 10 years or so.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I don't know how you can do it. I'll never sell my ugly beast. But I guess if you've got 3. . .

I hope you got what you were asking. Having met you and seen your 'stable', I'm sure it was worth more than you were asking. . . I guess it's time to make that GT a 100 point car. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got exactly what I was asking. Honestly, I didn't want to haggle and I knew it would go fast at that price so I set it at the lowest price I would be willing to take. I actually had someone that saw it parked on the corner today call as I was showing the car to the new owner. He offered more when I told him someone was here looking at it, but I don't work that way.

I told my wife tonight she goes before the GT. I think she thinks I was kidding. ;) ::

I had a convertible once I restored for MCA concourse some years ago. At that point you really can't enjoy driving them, you are too scared of every possibility of a scratch that might occur. ::

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I told my wife tonight she goes before the GT. I think she thinks I was kidding.
LOL! Yeah, right. ::

The GT didn't need that much work, as far as I could see. Except maybe for those darn speaker holes and the engine. And the paint maybe, but it looked fine to me, by my standards, LOL. I'll have to cruise by sometime and check out your new bug.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The GT has actually had quite a bit of attention sense last time you saw it. The speaker holes are history and the paint has been touched up where necessary. I even installed an original Rally Pac. The engine compartment could still use a good detailing. I am still planning on locating an original smog system as well. It looks weird with all of the brackets and pulleys in place for it without the smog pump and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts