Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That aluminum wing with carbon fiber tips does a good job keeping your 20inch rims glued to the go-cart track, ermh we mean race track and all the R-type stickers have your friends thinking you LOOK fast, but your 4banger with an exhaust pipe sponsored by Folgers still not packing enough punch for you? Well have no fear! not only can you LOOK fast but now you can SOUND fast! http://www.takakaira.com/accessories/nightpager/nightpager.html

this has got to be just too much... wait i wonder if they have one of these that makes the rumble sound of a 428 Super Cobra Jet. now you are talking /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
391 Posts
Old - "If it ain't fast; chrome it."
New - "If it ain't fast; add coffee can, stickers, ground effects, and sound effects."

Oh, well.

G

·
0 Posts
What a joke! The things some people will waste their money on. Maybe I will put one on my bicycle and see what I can do. Heck I might even be able to keep up with the 428 CJ's then.

Matt

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
wait a sec. even if one did get this realistic sounding fake BOV, wouldnt ones car still be missing the actual sound of the turbo spooling up? i mean, its really pretty obvious when someone has a turbo.
better yet, why not just take an eye dropper and drop water on the exaust manafold? it makes the same sound, and im sure its cheeper /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

- Jason

·
Administrator
19,356 Posts
Haw! This must be for the guys running intercoolers. JUST intercoolers. Seriously. Some kids were doing show+tell in a local Applebee's parking lot as we came out from dinner. One guy had this big ol' intercooler hanging out of his bumper. He was so proud of it, he had a purple light behind it so you couldn't help but notice it. I stepped over to have a look and was amazed. I'm no rice-a-roni expert but there was no turbo or plumbing at all. He had little plastic plugs in each end of the intercooler. I nicely asked was his car a "work in progress" sort of thing. Nope. He was done with it and working on selling it to finance an Acura. Not only was he goofy enough to do such a thing, he was goofy enough to open his hood in public.
No doubt he was the first in line to buy the fake BOV noisemaker.
I just can't relate to these guys at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts