Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having fun driving the 66 w/the new motor and the long over due alignment . Too good to last . Do you ever have the privledge of your car determining which project will be next ??? Noticed a puddle on the driveway . Not a nice thing to find . Red fluid . Oh no !! Now I have to find the trans leak . New front seal , rear seal and cast trans pan . Quick look shows fluid on the front of the pan and under the bellhousing . This does not look fun . Maybe I overfilled the trans ? Also noticed the 20/22 gallon fuel tank has a small leak . Looks as if the next job on the project list has been determiner for me . Spare tanks sitting around ?

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yep...always something! I figured out this weekend that I need to wire up a relay or replace the light switch....had a case of the flashing headlights Friday night! :eek: I guess the extra load from the hela headlights finally may have done the switch in.....of course I haven't driven it with the headlights on in 95+ degree weather before either.. :: So that may have contributed ? :: Either way ..looks like a little project to contend with. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a spare tank sitting in the garage, it was in my fastback when I got it. It doesnt look like its ever been used but I didnt want to take the chance. Its a repop and is black. let me know if you want it.

keith

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Mysterious tranny leak huh? It's ... THE KEN SCHALL CURSE!!

Hey, first place to look may be the seal on the tranny dipstick. I had a hell of a time getting that to stop dripping on the Coupe.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never thought of tape .Will duct tape stand up to trans fluid ? Figured I would just clean the surface and spray on lots of paint or clear and seal the leak . GM actually did this on some automatics that had a porous case . Actually I work at a parts store so I can acquire most of the parts I need or call one of my repair shop customers .

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Bubble gum? :eek: :: ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts