Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my interior is torn out and awaiting the transformation to a new black interior i decided to up the safety by adding Andover retractable shoulder belts Here is the link to them . I origionaly had non retractable shoulder belts, which made it very hard to reach the E-brake release and the vents by my feet (and it is hot without air conditioning).

Anyway, the install was very easy since the upper mounts for the shoulders, all that was needed was to drill a hole in the floor boards for another mount. I am very happy with the look and funcionality of it.

My one complaint was the instructions, they were terrible. I am a visual person, I like a lot of pictures, there was about 3 and they were all bad. Also the way it was written was very bad, IMHO. We saw where to drill the hole based on a 94 F-350 (and a little test sitting) , although any retractable seat belt would be a fine example.

If anyone has any questions about the kit, or install feel free to PM me and I will get back to you.
Look for pictures of my new interior soon (hopefully).

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I agree with John, the factory mounting points worked perfectly in my 66. What I did do to make the 3-points WAY more comfortable and functional was use a "drop down strap" on the roof mounts. This is a strap and steel ring that lowers the roof mount about 12 inches. I took the straps out of a late-70s/early 80s Econoline van and they look and work as though they were designed for the car.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the existing points where i was able to. There were only two holes there stock, one near the roof and one on the floor, and the kit calls for two mounting points on the floor. I will try to get pics soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone tried retractable 3 point in a convertible? Mine's a 67 and I have just installed non-retractable but they are very restrictive as earlier post pointed out. Where could the guide for the shoulder strap be fixed?

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts