Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this isnt the first time this happened. their return service is terrible. i ordered an exhaust kit a while back that the pipes came damaged. looked like somebody had already returned them after trying to weld them. i let them know about this and they expected ME to pay to ship it back. now, this is a huge and heavy box. the cost to ship it back was $85. they were unwilling to pay for the shipping or send me a label. so i had to ship it and eat the $85 for the thing that cost me around $300. so, recently i ordered new seat belts. they sent me a set where the buckles didn't match and did not fit into the receivers. after waiting a month to get them (not to mention i'm still waiting for parts that i've orders months ago that the website stated were in stock and still are) went through the return process and again they expect me to pay to ship their mistake back to them. any other company on the internet will always send me a return label if the mistake is on their end. why not cjpony? has this happened to anyone else? i emailed them and sent pictures of the damaged and incorrect items and all they say is "sorry we do not provide return labels, we sent you what you ordered" like, no. you did not send me what i ordered. i did not order damaged items and incorrect parts. and i'm still waiting for 2 batches of parts i've ordered back in june. f u cjpony and your fake ass "sales"

·
Registered
1967 GT500
541 Posts
Most people don't use CJ's for these same reasons. Bad press on the forum for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
OMG dude..cancel whatever you have on order, complain to your credit card company, never ever ever deal with them again. Why in the world after losing 85.00 dollars in the first go-round would you continue to do business with them? Yes, their parts are often a little cheaper than I see when I search around, and their web site is the sheet, but they made me so angry years ago( after 20 years of buying things) that I just erase them from my mind...I am not tempted by their slightly lower prices or videos...I just ghost them and pretend they don't exist so I don't succumb to saving a little here and there but risk the disappointment of dealing with them again. A shame as they paint a pretty picture, its all good until it isn't when dealing with them....I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire..slick_ss bastards. They have branched out aggressively into other things and will be around long after I am gone, but I will badmouth them any chance I get.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
That absolutely sucks, and sorry for your experience. When I first got my Mustang, I made my first few purchase with them due to being naive, they popped up 1st in google searches, free shipping, sales, some stupid RPM program, etc...It didn’t take long to realize I got what I paid for, free shipping didn’t mean much if I never got the part or had to pay to return it, RPM was just a lure to spend more, etc.

I am not sure how, but eventually came across NPD, Virginia Classic Mustang and a couple others. I will never go back to CJPP, which is a shame. They do have some decent how to videos and such, but I refuse to deal with a company that puts volume over customers.

It seems the few years I have been into the hobby CJPP has gotten worse, to the point these posts are now a weekly occurrence. Maybe the moderators can add a CJPP Support Group forum to the site?

Reactions: drsbmiller

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,078 Posts
this isnt the first time this happened. their return service is terrible. i ordered an exhaust kit a while back that the pipes came damaged. looked like somebody had already returned them after trying to weld them. i let them know about this and they expected ME to pay to ship it back. now, this is a huge and heavy box. the cost to ship it back was $85. they were unwilling to pay for the shipping or send me a label. so i had to ship it and eat the $85 for the thing that cost me around $300. so, recently i ordered new seat belts. they sent me a set where the buckles didn't match and did not fit into the receivers. after waiting a month to get them (not to mention i'm still waiting for parts that i've orders months ago that the website stated were in stock and still are) went through the return process and again they expect me to pay to ship their mistake back to them. any other company on the internet will always send me a return label if the mistake is on their end. why not cjpony? has this happened to anyone else? i emailed them and sent pictures of the damaged and incorrect items and all they say is "sorry we do not provide return labels, we sent you what you ordered" like, no. you did not send me what i ordered. i did not order damaged items and incorrect parts. and i'm still waiting for 2 batches of parts i've ordered back in june. f u cjpony and your fake ass "sales"
You can now join a long line of members on this forum who have experienced a similar issue with them. Try searching them in this forum.

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
They obviously have a management issue that they're unwilling to address. Sure, some of the current issues can be attributed to COVID-19 but many of the problems customers have encountered with CJPP go on long beyond the virus. Over the years I've spent a decent amount of money with CJPP (and MU) and haven't had any MAJOR problems but the nagging small ones like damaged product and backorders.

In any case, they need to be more proactive, more responsive and vastly improve communication. If not, they're going to go the way of the Dodo (and MU) which is unfortunate as they DO serve a segment of the Mustang community.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I first started redoing my 66, I purchased everything from them (Over $8k). I wanted to exchange one set of unused wheel caps (I had purchased the wrong ones) and pay for the more expensive correct set - and they said no as it was past the 30-day period. I’m done with them.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I wouldn't shop there IF I lived on the same street as store!!!!
There a other vendors that we should support, NOT CJ Pony

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had a few issues with them and seemed it was a PIA to get them to fix an issue. Continued to call them leaving messages and never return call..No more for me..
I had an issue with A part from NPD and Rick went way way out of his way to fix it..
since then I have placed a lot of orders with NPD and there customer service if fantastic And as big as they are it feels like you have a good friend that works there and takes good care of you...Thanks Rick......

·
Registered
839 Posts
It is hard to fathom that representatives from CJPP are not seeing what is being written about their lousy customer service. Where are [email protected] and [email protected]? Do these folks just have their heads buried in the sand? Rick at NPD has a online presence here and goes out of his way to support his growing customer base. So why is CJPP so willing to piss off long term customers and sabotage their own business, it just does not make good business sense. I guess whomever is at the wheel has lost his or her compass.

I have been a customer of CJPP since 2017, but that is unlikely to continue as the risk outweighs any potential reward. I had kept my orders simple, ordering from vendors who CJPP is just a reseller for and I can buy somewhere else. I never got burned fortunately, but with the increased likelihood of a bad outcome, I now look for alternative vendors too.

This is really sad that a vendor that used to have a pretty good reputation is so willing to flush it down the drain. When they fail, and if they keep this up they will fail, COVID-19 will not be the cause.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
One of the things I do really well is analyze processes and make them better.

Without being an insider at CJPP, its hard to say what the problem(s) are.

Out here, we only see the result of the problem(s)

Vintage Mustang parts is only one of many lines of parts they sell.

Being a customer at CJPP for over 10 years I have seen the service go from acceptable to so-so to poor to downright unacceptable. I can not say the service has ever been excellent.

There are many possibilities why the service has deteriorated to the point that customers are walking away. It would serve them well to hire a consultant to figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll jump on the CJPP crappy service train. On two different orders of trim pieces in a row, the pieces I received were dented. And it didn't appear to be from shipping. I spent quite a bit of time straightening them out because I wanted to get the parts on the car. Then the next order for door/window handles, the quality was exceptionally poor. The set screws on two different handles broke. And I was using a tiny screwdriver, so not an issue of me using too much force. I emailed them about all three orders in a row being bent or bad - never heard a word from them. I've started ordering from Summit and a couple of the other Mustang parts places.

·
Registered
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback and 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe
22 Posts
I have an online account with CJ pony, you can cancel what you ordered online pretty easy. I did that when they backordered me months on some parts that I got within days from NP.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It is hard to fathom that representatives from CJPP are not seeing what is being written about their lousy customer service. Where are [email protected] and [email protected]? Do these folks just have their heads buried in the sand? Rick at NPD has a online presence here and goes out of his way to support his growing customer base.
I can't answer for them. I do know that Bill visits the forums at times, but I'm not sure how often. I really wouldn't blame him for being a little on the quiet side- who wants to go to a pinata party where you're the pinata? Bill strikes me as a technical type of guy, not a business manager. If I'm right, he'd be here for tech support and end up getting thrashed for management issues.

No doubt, they MUST know at CJ of the bashing that they take here. I guess there are thousands of customers that visit their site versus the hundreds here...or they will eventually bleed out due to poor service.

Two things really strike me. First, is how often we see a thread about a dissatisfied customer's experience. The only more common threads are overheating and "what's it worth"! Second, I wonder how many anonymous visitors pass through these forums and read those negative threads. It would think that it is an embarrassment to have yet another negative thread, but even more to know that the internet never forgets. Who will be selling us parts in 2024?

Back in the '80s, where I lived, there were few mustang stores. The one that seemed to have EVERYTHING was expensive and had a jerk behind the counter. You'd HATE to have to go there. There were a few other stores, but they were less well stocked and had nicer folks. You'd sort of enjoy hanging out there. Things really haven't changed except now it's e-commerce and there are tons more places of all stripes.

Reactions: 2+2=GT350

·
Registered
1966 GT Fastback, 289, TKO 5-spd, EFI, 4-discs, TCP coilovers
216 Posts
Somebody should send CJPP an email saying - "hey, did you know you have several of your own forum threads dedicated to your horrendous business and service practices". Nowadays, you can't ever reach anybody there by phone or email. Oh wait - maybe my email idea wasn't so good after all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll throw on the pile as well; my dad and I have both been long time CJPP customers through the original restoration of my car (around 2000-01)and now with his 65 for the last few years. We die-hard CJPP customers seeking them out at All Ford Carlisle and even visiting their showroom in Pennsylvania. Over the years we've given them thousands of dollars in business and it seems like each time we placed an order it was harder than the last to get what we purchased. The last few times I ordered stuff through them, items that showed "in stock" on their website after purchase, was followed with a updated order e-mail saying one or several of them were on back order with no indication when they would be available. I ordered my dad a set of kick panels with speakers a month ahead of his birthday (Nov.), they didn't arrive until after the New Year.

I have long since abandoned using CJPP and while my dad has since had his own issues with them on his 65', we've both moved on to NPD for all our parts needs.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
theres only 2 places i order from
NPD
and RA for my DDs

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Called Chocko Monday morning at 10am.

My disc brakes arrived Wednesday at 1:30pm.

Any chance CJPP would have managed that?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts