Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
The only thing I use CJPP for is if I can not figure out how to find a part on NPD(name), once I find it on CJPP website, I go buy it from NPD. They are the worst!
Ever notice how they almost never post the manufacturer's part number? It's because they know people will find the part somewhere else. I think this is why they introduced their own house brand of parts "CJ Classics" or whatever.

Their sale prices are often still higher than other vendors' normal prices and 90% of their other junk isn't eligible for discounts- absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As an old timer in the Mustang world, I remember buying from CJs when it was just the 2 guys and some employees... The “C” in CJs stood for Creed which was the name of one of the owners...it’s simple what’s happened. 2 guys started a business...it grew and got large and eventually one of the owners...(think it was Creed )cashed out.
The J in CJ was the other guy and he continued to grow it and the branched into more than Mustang parts which was likely needed to stay strong in business. Meanwhile to keep up with growth, they’ve hired tons of “kids” to answer the phones and take orders and sell parts and many dont have a clue about Mustangs or don’t care...
All this has led to the misery you have experienced and why I haven’t bought from them since 08’
Get your parts from NPD, Virginia Mustang or Summit.
You’ll be much better off even if you do spend a bit more.
Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a disc brake conversion kit from CJ - absolute junk! The calipers couldn't even be fitted to the mount brackets and the machined surfaces were abysmal. I did my homework - gathered notes and specifications and pictures for everything - and then called. Apparently they had other customers complaining about this kit. They sent me an RA to return and I ended up buying spindles and other OEM parts at a swap meet, then upgraded the rotors with EBC parts from Summit.
I did ask them why they shipped an obviously defective kit and was told something offhand about "quality control issues".
Quality control issues indeed.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If I recall correctly
C Creed
J Jay
Huh! I thought the "CJ" was for the jeep parts. You never know what you'll learn here!

Incidentally, I see that even though the website home page is cj pony parts, they sell parts for 20 other makes/models of more years than I care to count. Makes you wonder if there is a thread on the Ram Forum, Wrangler Forum, Silverado Forum, Tundra Forum, etc where they are also crabbing about customer service.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
It seems like some of you all think this customer service dissatisfaction is something they don't know about, I contend they completely understand what they are doing..no expense on their side given, people keep buying stuff on line so who cares..they are real tough on the phone and emails as most people can not stomp into the store with their issue and be face to face with someone who has to deal with it. Its a business model of loose nothing and if that customer never comes back, so what, some new chump will take his place. They don't care! I don't know what the profit margin is, but if it is going to cost them 100 dollars, they may have to sell a thousand to make it up, the path they have chosen, is just tell you no. f.off....and for them, it has been working well enough to stick to it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree...until all this ranting by the old dudes here starts to influence the “newly registered” chumps and those in business knows where that goes.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Yes, the ever-changing world of Customer Support & Customer Success as COVID grasps the world. I've had serious issues with CJP too, but being a former Cust Support person for Apple Computer in the 80's and 90's, I learned a few things about circling the bait and trying to get better results. No, we should not have to do that but if you're desperate and need results, it works. CJP is well aware of the issues, at least the front lines folks are aware, I can't speak to upper management. They have been trying to staff up more support folks but it has been a challenge. My guess is, the operating costs might be climbing faster than revenue streams and upper management is struggling with a game plan. I formed a business friendship with one of their senior support folks and I email when I need help outside the normal process. It has been working well and she is responsive. Happy to send her contact info to those that need to clear up loose ends before you drop CJP. I have shared her info with a couple others and they seem to get results.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It is hard to fathom that representatives from CJPP are not seeing what is being written about their lousy customer service. Where are [email protected] and [email protected]? Do these folks just have their heads buried in the sand? Rick at NPD has a online presence here and goes out of his way to support his growing customer base. So why is CJPP so willing to piss off long term customers and sabotage their own business, it just does not make good business sense. I guess whomever is at the wheel has lost his or her compass.

I have been a customer of CJPP since 2017, but that is unlikely to continue as the risk outweighs any potential reward. I had kept my orders simple, ordering from vendors who CJPP is just a reseller for and I can buy somewhere else. I never got burned fortunately, but with the increased likelihood of a bad outcome, I now look for alternative vendors too.

This is really sad that a vendor that used to have a pretty good reputation is so willing to flush it down the drain. When they fail, and if they keep this up they will fail, COVID-19 will not be the cause.

CJPP could easily receive notice of every mention of their name on the internet. There are software apps that constantly scour the internet and social networks for mention of keywords (my daughter worked for one, sproutsocial.com). It is probably just not feasible, given their business model, for CJPP to respond to the negative postings.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Complaining about CJ Pony Parts is parody at this point. Did you not see the five threads a week for a decade about them? Why do you think your rant is special or different than the other ten million of them?

We don't care. Your own fault. End of story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CJPP could easily receive notice of every mention of their name on the internet. There are software apps that constantly scour the internet and social networks for mention of keywords (my daughter worked for one, sproutsocial.com). It is probably just not feasible, given their business model, for CJPP to respond to the negative postings.
We're working on it 👌

·
Registered
4 Posts
Complaining about CJ Pony Parts is parody at this point. Did you not see the five threads a week for a decade about them? Why do you think your rant is special or different than the other ten million of them?

We don't care. Your own fault. End of story.
Nope, just a bump in the road - we're back on our way to providing the best experience in the Mustang community. Whatever it takes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey is this thing on?! Well we're here and ready to stand behind our customer experience, frankly make it better, and support our favorite community on the planet.

As we fix customer service issues and grow to deal with existing lapses there as well as from COVID-19 we just want to say if you have an issue reach out anytime to [email protected] with your issue or invoice and that you're from VMF and we will take care of you.

Regardless of what you see we are 100% committed to becoming better not just for us but for all of you. Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Hey is this thing on?! Well we're here and ready to stand behind our customer experience, frankly make it better, and support our favorite community on the planet.

As we fix customer service issues and grow to deal with existing lapses there as well as from COVID-19 we just want to say if you have an issue reach out anytime to [email protected] with your issue or invoice and that you're from VMF and we will take care of you.

Regardless of what you see we are 100% committed to becoming better not just for us but for all of you. Stay tuned.
Thanks for replying - takes courage and integrity!

·
Dimples
4,960 Posts
Well this is new. It’s about time you guys got with the program. I guarantee CJ has lost many hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars in business over the last decade due to crap customer service. Keep in mind, for every active poster that’s been kicked in the shorts, there are dozens of people browsing and taking notes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
All for you guys/gals - we are run by some of the most passionate people in the industry and are ready to prove it!
you can start by reading my original post and do something about it. because i just cleared my wish list with thousands worth of parts.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Glad you could join us, CJ. I know it wasn't an easy choice but it really is the best for you...and probably us as well.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Bets of luck to those of you that decide to give CJ another chance - myself, although I haven't had near the issues as some with them, once/twice bitten, thrice shy....

I'll stay with NPD as my main choice.

John

Reactions: dale1bre and rpm
21 - 40 of 46 Posts