Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Nope, just a bump in the road - we're back on our way to providing the best experience in the Mustang community. Whatever it takes.
There's no "bump in the road." I've been watching people make the same exact complaints about your business multiple times per week, every week for a decade.

Personally, out the dozen or so times I've ordered from you I've only had a problem once. But you have a really, really, really poor reputation. If you're just finding that out now, or think it's a recent "bump in the road" you're in one of four positions.

1) Denial
2) Lying
3) Uncaring
4) Any combination or all of the above

At this point, even though I've not had much of a problem, I'm apprehensive about ordering from you because if there is a problem I don't want to feel like an idiot for not heeding the overwhelming warning. I suppose that enough people do exactly that but I do not think it's a sustainable business model.

It's good that you've taken the first step in acknowledging there are issues. But you really need to grab a hold of this by accepting the poor reputation in its entirety (as in not just a recent "bump in the road"). Anything else is a slap in the face to your customers, past, present and future. You need to own it. All of it. Even if it's not totally fair. Biggest trap I see people fall into is to start making valid excuses. At a certain point people don't want any excuses, even the good ones.

Personally I'd rather not crucify your business as it is potentially very valuable to the community, and you haven't really done much to personally upset me.

Interested to see how this unfolds.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thanks for replying - takes courage and integrity!
Courage yes, but integrity will only be recognized if there is a substantial change in behavior.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Seeing/hearing customer feedback is believing changes for better.
For now, NPD & Virginia Mustang my one, two.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Human nature. If a person has a bad experience/customer service, he'll tell 100 people. If the same person has a good experience, he'll tell 10. Playing the Devil's Advocate, how many good experiences have you (or anyone else) had with CJPony? And how many of these have been posted. The only bad experiences I've had with CJP is when I ordered the wrong part and due to it being my error, I ate the return shipping and they refunded my price money.

·
Dimples
4,980 Posts
Human nature. If a person has a bad experience/customer service, he'll tell 100 people. If the same person has a good experience, he'll tell 10. Playing the Devil's Advocate, how many good experiences have you (or anyone else) had with CJPony? And how many of these have been posted. The only bad experiences I've had with CJP is when I ordered the wrong part and due to it being my error, I ate the return shipping and they refunded my price money.
I understand the principle you’re trying to espouse, but in this instance, no. By this rationale, every parts vendor would have a garbage customer service reputation, which is not the case.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
On 2 Aug I ordered leaf springs from you because your website said they were sold as a kit and are in stock. On 3 Aug I get an email stating that one leaf spring has shipped and the other leaf spring is on back order.

1. How do you advertise an item as a kit, then ship half the kit without notifying me so I can accept or cancel?

2. WTH am I supposed to do with one leaf spring?

3. Not that it matters to you, but I want both springs to come from the same lot.

4. Amazon ships me a package from the West Coast to Georgia in 2-3 days. NPD ships me a package from FL in 2-3 days, CJPP ships me a package from Harrisburg in 7-10 days.

When Mustangs Unlimited went under, many people predicted that CJPP would be next.

Reactions: geicoman58
41 - 46 of 46 Posts