Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, everytime I turn left with the heater or a/c going I get this little grinding noise like there is a piece of debris hitting the fan motor. First answer should be, "don't turn left.", I know but my real question is on a 68 with factory a/c can I pull the fan motor out and try to get what ever it is out without having to squeeze my fat butt under the dash and dropping the whole heater box and all the trouble that goes with that?

Thanks.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I had the same problem, and I disconnected my heater box, and never had the time to get it back up, lol... It's quite a bit of work. My suggestion is to find someone very slender who could wiggle up there and detach the heater box to find out what's happening. There might be a belt or somethin' hitting the fan during a left hand turn

·
Registered
487 Posts
Shoot. At least yours makes a noise. I can turn left, right, go forward and backward, but it still doesn't do diddly. Maybe I need to hook this wire up to something?.....lol

And, I notice that the word diddly is not in the spell checker....What IS this world coming to?

Dang! Just when I got used to being "strange", I became a "newbie", then a "tire-kicker". Now I'm a "beginner"?.....hmmmmmm...where do I start?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently the correct word is "diddlysquat" as in "You don't know diddlysquat." Could be "diddlisquat". Apparently it became "ebonically altered" slang several years ago and was shortened to "diddly" in the process. You might call the California teachers union headquarters and ask for the the department of ebonics department and perhaps they could help.

J. Boggs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts