Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I saw a guy take a gold award in street driven class with an 03 V6 coupe with the paper plates from the dealership still on the car. Must have been a real effort to keep that thing clean for the entire two weeks since it left the showroom floor, huh? ::

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I know what you mean. I think late model vehicles should have a separate class in a car show, and not even be judged in a "classic" event.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Who were the judges?
Peer judged (in a Mustang only show) or 'official MCA' judged show...that would suprise me.

A Good Guys/general public judged show I could see that happening.

What was the format for the show?

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
I'd try to find out who the show was put on by, and let the person know that it is NOT appreciated when that happens, and, if YOU let the word out about it, his attendance is sure to drop off. Let them know you are pi**ed off.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Well....if it was really a classic car show, the people doing the registration are at fault for allowing the entry.

If it was just a reg. car show.......

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
It hasn't happend here yet, but if it did I'd be pissed too. I work very hard to get my car to look good, and i know my car is not in good enough shape to win, but if a better classic wins I'm ok with that. But if i pay money and a newer car not conciderd to be a classic wins I'd be pissed.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
It's crap like that that's causing me to finally sell my car after all these years.Enter a stock class , then have a Weber carbed-Gold GT striped-custom painted -200 mile per year car sitting next to me and get a first place in class .

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Its happening more and more and IMHO spreading thoughtout the country.

I think the only thing that can be done is hold the show giving club responable and let them know how you and others feel and perhaps in future they should just hold there shows a new car dealers lot that way cars would allready be there.

Mark

·
Registered
683 Posts
The answer to this dilemma seems to me to rather simple. Prior to registering/paying ask what the criteria is. ie are cars segregrated by year, etc, are members of the sponsoring club eligible, etc. If the criteria does not meet your expectations, move on.

I am also disappointed in the lack of discipline involved in the criteria involved in car shows. I will asked questions in the future. Any contest, no matter how small, I have seen or entered in the past had a list of personnel not eligible.

I had a nice car show yesterday. Drove the Mustang to the new car lot to look at cars sitting there and had three offers from other people that were looking also. That was as much fun as a car show and there were no hard feelings!

Anyway as long as people complain and take no action to correct deficiencies things certainly won't get better. Greed comes in different forms and usually needs good leadership to bring it a halt.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Gotta love those 03 Cobras ;)

Anyway, I never enter a show for the competition. That's why it doesn't upset me when the top 75 cars get an award and I lose out to a stock Durango. I mean it was a freaking DURANGO that should've been in the parking lot instead of the car show!

Okay, maybe I get mad sometimes. ..

James

1 - 17 of 17 Posts