Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Despite misgivings about having nothing constructive to add amongst so many impressive restoration journeys detailed here, in the spirit of sharing I will push on, despite (or perhaps on account of) my lack of experience with this new project.

Looking through the really impressive work being done by so many people involved here is inspiring.

I will just post this and one photo first to make sure I have understood how this works.

The background of the car, briefly, is this. I bought it from a (relatively) young guy who had bought it fifteen years ago with the idea of restoring it. He had a few people do a bit of work but budget and time restraints kicked in, at which the project was shelved. Since then it sat under tarps, in his back yard. One thing he had done was replace the 289 with a 302. A reco short block bought new from Ford, to which he had someone at the peripherals of the 289. And it did probably less than a couple of hundred miles before being put on the backburner.

I could see it had serious rust problems when I bought it and now that I have it mostly dismantled, that´s been confirmed.

Anyway, this is a start and I will add photos as the project progresses.

cheers, hugh

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hi all.
Despite misgivings about having nothing constructive to add amongst so many impressive restoration journeys detailed here, in the spirit of sharing I will push on, despite (or perhaps on account of) my lack of experience with this new project.

Looking through the really impressive work being done by so many people involved here is inspiring.

I will just post this and one photo first to make sure I have understood how this works.

The background of the car, briefly, is this. I bought it from a (relatively) young guy who had bought it fifteen years ago with the idea of restoring it. He had a few people do a bit of work but budget and time restraints kicked in, at which the project was shelved. Since then it sat under tarps, in his back yard. One thing he had done was replace the 289 with a 302. A reco short block bought new from Ford, to which he had someone at the peripherals of the 289. And it did probably less than a couple of hundred miles before being put on the backburner.

I could see it had serious rust problems when I bought it and now that I have it mostly dismantled, that´s been confirmed.

Anyway, this is a start and I will add photos as the project progresses.

cheers, hugh
Welcome,add lots of pictures including one of the door tag.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the build section, lots to learn here from all of the builds that have taken place here. Everything from building a stock daily driver to the extreme. Good luck!

·
Registered
1966 Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the build section, lots to learn here from all of the builds that have taken place here. Everything from building a stock daily driver to the extreme. Good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts